jeudi 9 juillet 2020

Bikini Body


picture by Daniel McGowan

Bikini Body is a young band from Edinburgh, UK, which is playing some kind of female-fronted modern punkish post-punk and has just released Pond Life, a 5-track EP (digital only).

Artwork by Shipei Wang

First of all Bikini Body sounds extremely british to me: the accent, the humor, the vocabulary... it all comes straight from across the pond... and I love it!
Post-punk with a punk attitude, the band delivers really enjoyable high energy songs full of  the cynical criticism you can expect from the POMs.



I am so posh is an anthem! "I'm so posh Boris Johnson is my dad"
Hands off is a great and fun feminist song about men, relationships and all that.
Vicky manages to mix some kind of powerful speaking singing with occasional shoutings, keeping the energy high and the songs catchy.
It sometimes makes me think of Necking with a slight Shopping influence.

In one word, it's a great EP!



You can listen to Bikini Body on Rien à Faire #12.

N,J'Oi!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire