jeudi 14 mai 2020

UZI

picture by YouthNowCrew

UZI is a female-fronted band from Bogota, Colombia, with members of Tumbas, Muro, Final and probably other bands from the very active Bogota punk scene.
These guys have been playing some kind of colombian style street punk since 2018/2017.
 


 After Abuso and Reaccion Violenta, UZI is the third band of the Silla Electrica compilation (Rat Trap 2018) that I write about here. This compilation was a great way to discover the modern Bogota punk scene and when I see how popular many of those bands have become I think I can safely say that it was a great success.

So four songs for UZI here, four songs which sound like a good street punk demo, something like a UK82 band singing in spanish.
So when I think Bogota and street punk, Primer Regimen just immediatly pops in my mind (one member is playing in Tumbas and another one in Final by the way) but UZI is a bit different... I don't know it's weird it reminds me so many things but I cannot put a finger on one band in particular...

 


But let's just jump to their most recent release and first LP, Cadena De Odio, out on Adult Crash and Discos MM.
The four songs of the compilation were re-recorded and are on the LP with an extra six new songs, all with a super recording.
I had to listen to the whole album several times to finally really appreciate it, as the cover says it's "10 tracks Total Punk" nothing more, nothing less, just some super classic but super enjoyable street punk. These guys have totally digested their 80s classics and know how to make it sound tigh and clean...
So just relax and enjoy a pure moment of classic punk!



You can listen to UZI on Rien à Faire #10

N,J'Oi!


Rien à Faire is on FB

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire