mardi 8 septembre 2020

Heavy Discipline: LP!

 

As you may know I already wrote a few words about the Negative Approach influenced hardcore of Heavy Discipline when they released their demo one year ago.

Well the four angry guys from Pittsburgh are back with a LP on Pain Killer Records (which also released the demo) and believe me, the mood has not changed over the past year!
First of all I really like the artwork, inspired by the 80s/90s classic hardcore drawings ahah these guys are really making ugly faces!
 
 To be honest it took me a few listens to really get into this LP. These guys know what they are doing and master every second of their record to make it fit perfectly in the "hardcore codex".
Yes we are somewhere between Negative Approach and the Boston scene, think Boston Strangler, the british guys of Violent Reaction, Mad Existence and many others...
So nothing new under the basement ceiling (and I tend to like bands taking risks) but in the end I think I am quite convinced. It's reeeeally well played, the songs are diverse enough to not feel like the same track going on over and over, the energy is pfffiuu crazy... well this what I expect from a good hardcore band after all!
 

 
But what really blew me away in this record is the drumming! Tom Moran has played in many great Pennsylvania based bands in the past years, including Blood Pressure and No Time but also more recently Loose Nukes (in which he plays bass) and Machine Gun. I had the opportunity to see him behind the drums the two times I saw Machine Gun last year and damn I have never seen anyone wearing tight blue jeans playing soooo fast, absolutely unbelievable. 
It's just so fast, so neat with perfectly mastered snare and toms bursts, like a proper machine gun...this guy is taking us to a war zone and, in my opinion, brings this record to another level...

 

A good but not surprising album, just go for it with your eyes closed if you are into this kind of hardcore! 

  You can listen to Heavy Discipline in Rien à Faire #14.

 

N,J'Oi!

 

RAF is on FB 

  and INSTAGRAM

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire