lundi 4 janvier 2021

Ad Vitam

 

Let's start 2021 with something a bit different.
Ad Vitam is a new Oi! band from Montreal, Canada, which released a 4-track demo in december as part of the Demo Fest 2020 initiative (crazy idea of releasing 200 (!!) new demos from bands from Canada but not only on the same day on bandcamp to raise fund for a charity). 
 
Unfortunately I could not find much information about the 4 skins from La Belle Province and their biography, only that these guys play first class, high energy, rock'n roll oi!, which makes me guess that Ad Vitam is not their first rodeo.


  Ad Vitam plays fast, but not fast in a hardcore punk way, fast in a great rock'n roll way which reminds me of some of the greatest names of modern Oi! like The Clichés, Crown Court or The Janitors
With three songs in English and one in French the band clearly states their Quebec identity but the "funny" thing is that the singer is singing so fast that it almost sounds Spanish! I honestly believed at first that they were singing in Spanish, reminding me of the beautiful first 7" of the Madrid band Knockout
 
 
I think you got it now, this demo is a real bomb!
 
  I really hope to hear more from these guys ASAP!
I don't listen to that much Oi! any more but when I do that's exactly the kind of first class music I wanna hear!
 
You can listen to Ad Vitam on Rien à Faire #18.
 
 
N,J'Oi! 
 
 
 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire