mercredi 22 septembre 2021

Ex-Dom

 

A lot of cool demos have been popping out from a bit everywhere lately and Ex-Dom's Extincion De Dominio is definitely one of them.
 
 
   This young band from Bremen, Germany, features two Germans and two Colombians and delivers a great mix of straight forward hardcore punk with lyrics both in Spanish and German. Some will say that it can be described as "southamerican hcpunk meets primitive deutsch punk" and I will not deny the presence of this very characteristic "Colombian ferocity" of the current scene I've written about many times, but the first band I immediately thought of when listening to the Ex-Dom frontman shouting and barking all over the place does not come from South america or South-bavaria, but from Israel and is called Jarada!
 
To me both bands got the same kind of "heavy intensity meets fastness featuring raw rage" kinda vibe and I won't say it's a bad thing as I really like the first Jarada LP (I am a bit less fan of the second one but tastes and colours you know).

Anyway the tapes are out (or should be soon) on Ruin Nation Records and Sabotage Records in Europe (two labels from Bremen focusing on raw and heavy stuff), Fuerza Ingobernable Discos in Colombia and Open Palm Tapes in the US.

This being said these six tracks deserve a vinyl release in my humble opinion.
If you were lucky enough to attend the (mini) K-Town hardcore fest this year you may have gotten a good glimpse of the band's potential.


N,J'Oi!




You can listen to Ex-Dom on RAF#24.
 
 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire